Date Posted: September 15, 2021
POSITION: Application Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Commercial Product Management
Friedrich is a well-established and recognized brand within the HVAC industry, and a proud member of the Rheem family. As an Application Engineer at Friedrich, you will be responsible for leading technical sales support of the company’s industry leading VRP, VPAK and PTAC product lines. This role will work directly with Friedrich salespeople, manufacturer’s reps, product management and most importantly, our customers in the design-build and engineering communities. This person will help specify, select and train on the benefits Friedrich equipment. The right candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic about the challenges and opportunities offered by this dynamic role. The Application Engineer will be a member of the Product Management group with reach into other functional areas like sales, marketing, engineering and service. The role reports to the Director of Commercial Product Management.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Ability and desire to be a thought leader with a thorough understanding of the Friedrich commercial product line
- Support product application to the field sales organization with minimal direction
- Assist sales reps in assessing potential ability to meet customer’s needs.
- Gather engineering data as it pertains to the specific project, review of project specifications, schedule, design drawings and change orders, providing clear model recommendations and changes as necessary
- Help configure models to meet the specifications of the customers
- Provide guidance on deviations from standard installations
- Create project-specific competitive analyses including total cost comparisons in order to win projects
- Visit customers with the sales team and support customer visits at HQ and the factory
- Understand the competitive landscape
- Work with Marketing and Product Management to develop and improve product sales tools & marketing materials
- Gather market intelligence to help inform our product roadmap
- Develop and deliver product sales training
- Work with Friedrich’s Technical Service Team to support field application issues
- Clear and concise communication both internally and externally
- BS degree in Engineering or related field (MBA a plus)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in HVAC design, engineering or related field
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to lead multiple projects at a time
- Customer-focused and professional
- A member of ASHRAE, PEO or LEED certification is a plus
- Highly proficient with MS Office products as well as AUTOCAD, BIM etc.
- Good Knowledge and experience in blueprint and technical document review.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn specific in-house and third-party engineering design and selection software programs.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, with the applicable job position as the subject line, by clicking here.