POSITION: Applications Engineer
REPORTS TO: TBD
- Supports the internal and external sales teams by assisting with pre- and post-sales activities on equipment project opportunities.
- Pre-sales activities include system validation, HVAC equipment, and/or controls selection for basis of design, application, and pricing. This role will receive direction, coaching, and support from sales leadership on pre-sale needs and expectations.
- Post-sales activities include equipment project execution that is profitable, accurate, on-time.
- Develops and provides detailed engineering information and submittals to communicate design, configuration, operating, and installation requirements to customers.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Provides technical support, selections, and limited estimating support to Account Execs during project design or proposal phase. Assists as needed in developing the customer business.
- Assists in preparing proposals and quote letters for assigned projects. Includes project takeoffs, specification review, special quote generation, and RFQ, and RFI issuance.
- Supports Sales efforts to become basis of design through timely selections, specifications, sequences, drawings, and review of documents as required.
- Acts as a technical interface between sales, product management, and engineering departments.
- Interprets engineering drawings and specifications in order to develop equipment submittals in compliance with; contract drawing, site coordination, and site installation requirements.
- Effectively communicates project progress, issues, and financial status to management.
- Coordinates post shipment services that include but are not limited to; start-up initiation.
- As required, visits customer sites to support Friedrich, the customer, and the owner.
- Answers equipment & application questions from potential customers and other sales channels.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors, and subcontractors. Attends field meetings as required.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements with local Friedrich Representatives.
- Helps develop and support sales software tools for equipment selection and application.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- One to three years in an HVAC application engineering or building automation role.
- ASHRAE member preferred.
- Must possess superior project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with other resources and team members effectively with minimal supervision.
- Open-minded to new ideas. Follows industry trends to find growth opportunities.
- Must possess high energy level and have a positive attitude.
- Results-oriented with strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to travel 15 to 25% to visit customers, sales reps, and attend industry events.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, with the applicable job position as the subject line, by clicking here