Date Posted: February 28, 2022
POSITION: Southeast Territory Regional Technical Manager
REPORTS TO: National Technical Manager
Come join a growing team to be one of the “Experts in Air Conditioning” and work with important people from some of the largest names in the Distribution and Hospitality networks! Friedrich offers a fruitful experience, professionally and technically, to grow your HVAC career. Technical Managers are responsible for acquiring technical mastery of Friedrich products to support sales growth in their region and include activities such as, but not limited to, property management, establishing relationships with key distributors and clients, provide training online and in classrooms, and assist with product/project management development.
- Monitor and communicate manufacturing related issues that arise in field installed equipment.
- Support Commercial and Hospitality Sales, Processes, and Start-ups.
- Build support relationships with Friedrich Distributors and Manufacturer’s Representatives.
- Conducting technical training classes and presentations supporting product lines.
- Assist in assessing training needs and certifications.
- Deliver training material and provide agenda for classes.
- Assisting in developing servicer network base.
- Continuous enhancement of technical instructional delivery.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Manage high-level trouble shooting issues on sites when necessary.
- Participate in ongoing refinements of service manuals and guides.
- Assist Service Department on escalated service calls within territory.
- Develop mastery of refrigeration concepts and HVAC equipment controls.
- Federal 608-Refrigerant Handling Certification Required.
- Ability to diagnose and rectify complex HVAC systems and controls.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Associates Degree in HVAC or Technical Trade Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree recommended.
- 10+ years of HVAC experience in a Senior Technical Support or Service Manager type role.
- Lift +50lbs.
- Kneel, bend, and maneuver in low-clearance spaces effectively on field visits.
- Walk for 5-6 hours per day while on field visits.
- Travel +50% annually.
- Works with others professionally in an office or field environment.
- Ability to work independently to meet goals and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Manages the development of projects by ensuring that support tasks are completed timely.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions.
- Manages processes and business changes effectively and efficiently.
Please note: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, with the applicable job position as the subject line, by clicking here.