Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked installation qustions about ZoneAire®. For additional help, call us at 800-541-6645, or visit a Friedrich dealer or distributor.
ZoneAire® is portable. So is there really any "installation"?
ZoneAire® compact doesn't require traditional installation, there are some important things you need to know before you operate the unit:
To operate in cooling mode:
Attach the flexible exhaust hose to the unit, rotate the hose clockwise directly onto the hot-air outlet ring
- The ZoneAire® Compact portble must be vented to the outside through a window or other opening. ZoneAire® Compact ships with a window installation kit that fits horizontal and vertical windows up to 39" wide. This is the piece through which you'll vent the unit's hose to the outside
To operate in heating mode:
- Attach the flexible exhaust hose to the unit, rotate the hose clockwise directly onto the hot-air outlet ring
- Slide the heat clip connector onto the cooling outlet side of the unit
- Attach the exhaust hose directly onto the heat clip connector
- Rotate the hose clockwise directly onto the heat clip ring
- Turn the unit around and feed hose through window, or other opening, using the window installation kit(described in cooling mode above)
Do I need a special outlet to run ZoneAire®?
No, the unit plugs into a regular 115V outlet.
Is ZoneAire® easy to maneuver?
The unit has casters built in. You don’t have to lift it; simply roll and guide the unit from room to room.